Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Road To Recovery Step 2

WHERE TO GET HELP WHEN YOU HURT
The Road To Recovery - Part 2
DeAntwan Fitts
Outline provided by Rick Warren (used with permission)
November 16th, 2008


R.E.C.O.V.E.R.Y

Realize I'm not God; I must admit that there are certain things that are outside of my realm of control. Apart from Christ my life is un-manageable..

Step 2:

Earnestly believe that God Exist, that I Matter to Him, and that He has the Power to help me recover.

"Anyone who comes to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
Heb. 11:6

Three Parts

1. ACKNOWLEDGE GOD'S Existence



"Since the creation of the world, God's invisible qualities -- his eternal power and divine nature -- have been clearly seen."

"The fool says "There is no God!" Ps. 14:1


2. UNDERSTAND GOD'S Character

"Christ is the visible expression of the invisible God." Col 1:15 (Ph)

God knows all about my situation.

"You have seen the crisis in my soul" Ps.31:7 (LB)
"You know how foolish I have been." Ps.69:5

God cares about my situation.



"He is like a father to us, tender and sympathetic...for he knows what we are made of -- dust." Ps. 103:13-14 (LB/GN)

"God says "I have loved you with an everlasting love!" Jer. 31:3

"God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us." Rom. 5:8 (LB)


God can change me and my situation.

"I pray you will begin to understand how incredibly great His power is to help those who believe Him...the same power that raised Christ from the dead." Eph. 1:20 (LB)

"What is impossible for men is possible with God." Luke 18:27 (GN)

3. ACCEPT GOD'S Offer to Help Me



"For God is at work within you giving you the will and the power to achieve His purpose." Phil 2:13 (Ph)



"The Spirit that God gives us ... fills us with power, love and self-control."
2 Tim 1:7 (GN)


How to Plug Into God's Power


Believe and Receive



"When you go through deep waters and great troubles, I will be with you,... you won't drown! When you walk through the fires of oppression, you won't be burned up."
Isa 43:2-3 (LB)

6 comments:

HALLELUJAH said...

WORDS of encouragement.

I needed that.

Thank you!!!



GOD Bless~~~

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

These are are great words of encouragement and have spoken to me this morning. Thank you so much for this. God bless you!

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Great Post Pastor Fitts. I am sure the people of God were blessed by your expression. I appreciate your friendship and your passion for ministry.

Lance

D.A. Thomas said...

Wow. You are still inspiring me.

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Thanks my brother! You are a constant source of encouragement.

Edie said...

Encouragement seems to be the key word here. This looks like a great program that everyone can benefit from. Thanks for blessing me with this today Pastor.