Friday, November 7, 2008

Peace Chapel Just Kicked Off a New Ministry!!!

My fellow blog community and those that follow this blog,

I am exited about a new ministry that we kicked off this past Friday at Peace Chapel called "Celebrate Recovery". I am asking you to pray that God will use this ministry to change countless lives for now and for eternity. I believe in the power of prayer and "pray" is all I am asking you to do.

Celebrate Recovery

The Bible clearly states that "all have sinned." It is our very nature to do so. And because of sin, we've all hurt ourselves, we've all hurt other people, and others have hurt us. This means each of us is in need of repentance and recovery in order to live the way God intended.

Celebrate Recovery is a biblical and balanced program for helping people overcome their hurts, habits and hang-ups, using 8 principles based on the Beatitudes of the New Testament and 12 biblical steps to recovery. Through this program, people have restored and developed stronger relationships with others and with God.

Here are some issues people might need recovery from:

Overworking, Overeating, Alcohol/Drugs, Overspending
Grief, Guilt, Anger/Rage, Fear/Anxiety
Divorce, Abuse, Sexual addictions, Codependency,
Insecurity, Perfectionism, Hypochondria, Hurtful Relationships,
Gambling, Lying, Procrastination, The need to control.

We will start our fellowship at 6pm this evening with Dinner!

Peace Chapel is located at 7622 S. Avalon S. Avalon Blvd in Los Angeles. We are also on the web http://www.peacechapelchurch.org/

13 comments:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Pastor Fitts, this ministry initiative is an outstanding idea and I will be praying for the success and effectiveness of this endeavor. I am happy that we are all making attempts to advance the kingdom of the master instead of sitting around talking about how many members we have or how much money we raised. God be praised!

Lance

Unknown said...

Hey Fitts, man this is wonderful. I have wanted to do Celebrate Recovery and was actually going to propose it before I left Fairview with my former pastor.

I will be praying for the programs success and keep me posted on how it goes. I really want to bring it to Galilee, it is very much needed in the area where I serve.

Be Encouraged.

Tony R.

Revvy Rev said...

My prayers are with you in this much needed ministry. Keep me posted on how God blesses it.

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

I concur with the rest of the family. This will prove to be a fantastic ministry. By the list of issues mentioned, I would have to say that 99.9% of the membership of all our churches are in need of some help to some degree including me. Our young people are also in extreme distresses that is in need of help. You can count on my prayers as well for it's success.

Be encouraged

Rev. Brad Hurley said...

God bless you brother. Thats an awesome and biblical thing to do. Set. the captives free! Im praying.

Katherine Page said...

This is great to hear. I have been through the program and on Dec. 28 I will have 4 years of recovery from an Eating Disorder with some others. PRAYING FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED.

HALLELUJAH said...

"Celebrate Recovery" what an awesome theme, we are all recovering from some type of sins and it is only through the covering of the Blood of JESUS Christ can we cover these sins.

Pastor Fitts

Great Post!!!

GOD Bless you and your ministry...

Cherdecor said...

Pastor Fitts, Thank you for your kind words as you stopped by my blog the other day. I was so excited to read about the Recovery Program you are starting. The church where we attend, (Grace Baptist Church), has a Discovery and Recovery Program. In one year over 900 people go through the program. It is such a blessings to see the Lord come into the lives of people and turn their lives around by the Word of God. Blessings to you and those who help you.
Cheryl from PA

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Hello Pastor Fitts, I read your comment concerning Barry becoming a blog son of mine. He wasn't the one to inquire about being a son. It was another Bro. Wilson, blog name "Hallelujah" Bro William Wilson who expressed the desire on my blog entitled "Be good and Behave". But hey...I'll take them both if it is alright with everybody else.

Mother

Edie said...

Hi Pastor Fitts. Well what do you know, we share the same birthday!? Happy Birthday to YOU!

Praying that God moves mightily in the hearts of all through this ministry program.

Enjoy your birthday!

BAW Sr. said...

Pastor I am reaaly praying for you and Peace Chapel. i know that the Lord is going to do great things in that ministry.I am going to try to visit the church on thankgiving morning.

Be Blessed

BAW,sr

The Equipped Life said...

Hope you had a happy and blessed birthday!

My sister's church in Arkansas has used the Celebrate Recovery program with great success.

Reverend Loy said...

Thanks, Pastor Fitts for visiting my blog. I hope that your ministry does well and I'll be keeping my eye on your blog.