Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Five Enemies of Team Unity

As we close out 2008, I am looking forward to helping our congregation make a running start into 2009. My focus is more on Building and Strengthening our leadership/ministry teams, placing extra enfaces on Unity. God has designed for His people to live and grow in Community, to work together as a team. It is only when we are working together in Community that we can truly call ourselves The Church of Jesus Christ; The Body of Christ.

There are obvious things that get in the way of us being united and it is important to identify what they are and make sure to avoid or eliminate them. What are the opponents of team Unity; that get in the way of healthy Community? If we don’t find and eliminate these enemies, we will not achieve Team Unity.

Below are Five enemies of Team Unity

1. Poor Communication
When the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, strife sets in

2. Gossip
Gossip is when a negative comment is discussed with anyone who can't help solve
the problem

3. Unresolved Disagreements
This happens when a leader doesn't know they exist or avoids confrontation

4. Lack of Shared Purpose
This happens when the leader doesn't restate the goal, the vision, and the mission early and often

5. Sanctioned Incompetence
Keeping an inefficient team leader because we feel sorry for them or because of who they are

14 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

WOW, this would be a great POSTER for TEAM WORK in my office. I always find it strange how the work place can only come together for potluck and Holiday Parties. Why can't we get along throughout the year? That's my prayer for 2009, more UNITY. If I continue to do my part, maybe it will rub off... wish me luck.

Have a great Thanksgiving with your family!

Love, peace & stuffing (lol)

HALLELUJAH said...

Team Unity.

They say go for the head and the rest will fall.

Great post.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

GOD Bless~~~

Edie said...

These are great points! I love that I always have something to think about when I leave here.

Have a wonderful Thanksgivng Pastor!

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Great Post Pastor. I am focusing more on the same things this year! I will pray for the success of your ministry and I ask the same for me!

Ed Johnson III said...

Hey, brother, I truly appreciate your comments regarding the five enemies of team unity. Great post! Very insightful.

Clinton Smith said...

Great reminder of teamwork enemies! Thank you!

Cherdecor said...

You have so many good things here that I have filed it all away in a file named Pastor Fitts. Good stuff! God bless you and keep up the good blogging!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Cheryl and Alan

Anonymous said...

Pastor Fitts, great post and Oh how timely and exact.

Thanks for the reminders.

Be Encouraged.

Tony R.

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Pastor Fitts...great job sir. Very thought provoking stuff here. Great mind.

Lance

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Thank you for this insight Son. I can truly say that over the years I have incountered all of these that hinder team unity. I would like to add that we should have mutual respect for one another and the right to have an opinion without ostracism from our peers. I look forward to more constructive instruction towards kingdom work. Helpful post!

Mother

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

Great! Wonderful post my Brother!

Joyfulsister said...

Happy Thanksgiving Pastor from my home to yours. Have a blessed day filled with thankfulness and hope.

Aloha ke Akua..
God be with you.. Lorie

SLC said...

Excellent post and excellent leadership Pastor.
Thank you for sharing this wisdom.
I'll be sure to put it to good use.
SLC

Shanita Waters said...

Hello....
I hven't been here in a while. I was just stopping by to see if there was anything new. I so enjoyed your last post. I pray that you had a happy holiday.

Shanita