Sunday, September 28, 2008

Temptation

This is a guest post from my 14 yr old son DeAntwan Fitts Jr. His blog address is http://www.deantwanfittsjr.blogspot.com/

Have you ever had a message that just was a slap in the face. That's how i felt today at church from the message preached by my own father. Me, as a teen, I go through quite a bit with temptation. Kids making dumb decisions and expecting you to follow right along with them because it is the thing to do. Or being in a time of distress and cheating which also my father touched on in his message. I am guilty of a case of temptation, in which I cheated on my lab, something not worth cheating on, but I did it. Well I dont want to give away too much, because i wanted to show the notes I took for the sermon.

This message is taken from James 1:13-15
I. Temptation doesn't come from God
* My father's definition of temptation- A solictation to do evil
* Temptation shouldn't be blamed on God because God does not like evil and he would not condone it
* God cannot be tempted by evil
* Every trial that comes our way opens the door for Temptation

II. Temptation comes from our own evil desires
* Temptation is the product of our own evil desires; Its as if we our fish going for bait. All we're worrying about is the bait, not knowing the bait is attatched to a hook, that is attatched to a string ready to trap us and drag us away
* Do not play the blame game; When someone does wrong towards you and you retalliate also means you're wrong( You are just as evil as the person who did the wrong first)
* Be responsible for your own actions
* John Piper quotes: " Sin gets its power by persuading me to believe that it will be pleasing to me if I follow it"
* Our evil desires entice us

III. Temptation is Progressively Dangerous when we yield to it
* Certain desires we will never get used to
* Don't let what others do to you drag you away
* Do not blame God for the outcome of a situation when we don't respond the way He has told us to respond
* Temptation seems innocent
and harmless but it isn't

Almost finished.. Just a few more tips to not yield Temptation
1) Never trust the flesh; Galations 5:19-21
2) Memorize scripture; Matthew 4
3) Walk in the spirit; Galations 5:16 (submit to the Spirits control)

Now, its alot but meditate on it because it can help you in life, because it is God's word.

6 comments:

Pastor Bobby Scott said...

Great sermon and I thank God for the insight He is giving your son.

Mrs. Moore said...

wow you are doing such a great job raisin poppa (Deantwan Jr.) I am so proud to have you guys in my life to motivate me when I need it he's just an intelligent boy and that's something amazing considering this generation I love your new blogs and the one poppa posted as well makes me want to post more... Love you guys tria moore.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How inspiring to read such coming from such a young and tender heart. My heart is always so blessed when I see the hand of our faithful Father working in the lives of young people even today. To know there are youth who actually commune with--have a personal relationship with--the only wise God, I'm all the more moved to trust Him more.

Linda

Anonymous said...

How great are those comments? This just made my day. Keep up the good work Twan, and my I say, Little Twan, I adore you and the Lord is going to use you in a mighty way. Keep the faith and keep listening to your father.

Love,

Sister C

Anonymous said...

Dear Great Little Twan: That will preach any day of the week.Keep up the good work and continue to allow God to use you.To God be the glory.

Love, Bro. Conard

Anonymous said...

This post is absolutely beautiful! It just shows that God uses whom HE chooses. Always hold onto God's unchanging hand DF Jr. You will not go wrong. Just remember this: If Donald Trump were your father you'd have certain comforts and privileges that no one could deny. HOWEVER those things would have limits. But your Father (GOD) owns the ENTIRE world and all that is in it and you are his heir. Those comforts and privileges have NO LIMITS and are subject to nothing and no one can ever take them away. Continue to trust Him. May the Lord bless you and keep you.