Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Struggle

Falling asleep is not always easy for me. I have a mind that keeps going and going. I'm not much of a writer but I like the idea of a blog because you can just express what's on your mind without being overly concerned with grammer and easy reads.

I'm at a point in my life where my focus is on becoming a healthy well balanced Christian. God, by His Spirit through His word has pointed out several areas of my life that are not healthy. Namely my lack of discipline with my eating habbits. I am determined to bring my eating habbits under the subjection of God's word. For the last three weeks I have been in recovery from these undisciplined eating habbits that have been destroying my life. Prior to my recovery process I was eating my way to a very early death. At age 32, I have high blood presure, high Cholesterol and Diabetes. God has brought it to my attention, that this does not glorify Him. I'm reminded of Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God". That is my aim, to glorify God in every area of my life. As a pastor, the impact of my ministry is greatly affected because of my lack of discipline. That's exactly what bad eating habbits is, a lack of discipline.

Anyway, for the last three weeks, I have done well in this area. I am now eating 6 controled portion meals per day. Breakfast is generally a high protein meal that includes boiled eggs, lean sliced turkey and low fat cottage cheese (yuk). Two hours later I have a protein bar (Morph Bar 30 grams of protein), which is very good and serves as one of my 6 meals. Two hours later I have lunch (usually a lean cuisine). Two hours later either another protein bar or shake. Two to three hours later I have dinner (a very small portion). Finally another protein bar. I eat fruit all throughout the day and drink plenty of water. This diet has worked very well for me primarily because I don't allow myself to get hungry.

I have seen drastic improvements early. I have not had to take meds for my diabetes and my sugar is still controled. I feel a boost of energy. My attitude has improved. I was having chest pains almost every night but for the last couple of weeks not one. These early improvements are more motivation for me to keep on keeping on.

These last 3 weeks have not been easy but they have been rewarding. The next step for me is exercise. Pray for me. I will keep you updated with my progress. Feel free to comment and advise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor,
Thanks for this piece that you wrote it was right on time. I two suffer from the same things all three and the doctor just called and said he needed to put me on other medican because my chrolesterol was over the chart.

My mind has been struggling with me on my weight and it gets very depressing. But I also need to change my way of eating but its been hard for me to eat 6 meals a day but I guess that where I come in on changing my ways of eating and excerise.

So thanks for the advise and as of this day I'm going to take it and run with it. I'm going to start with your menu that you are one so keep me in your prayer and I will do the same for you.

God is so good because that was truly him talking thru you because I have been in battle with this for months now and God just answer my pray so thanks again for everything.

Love
Beryl

Fitts said...

Sis Glover, that is so encouraging. We are in this together. Let me know when it gets to tough and I will do the same. God bless

Mrs. Moore said...

Big Bro,
I thanking you so much for that eye opener I've been going through so much health wise it's been scaring the heck out of me when they told me I neede surgery it scared the mess out of me thinking about Chance, Terrance,& y'all all the risk what ifs and everything else but reading your blog I ralized everthing happens for a reason God is going to return me back to my family I'm sure of it Thank you for writing this blog I'm sure it will be inspiring to many more I love you thanks again God knew I needed to read this blog, your sista Tree Trunk

Fitts said...

Hi sis, thank you for commenting on my blog. I am praying for you and the situation with your health. Keep reminding yourself that God is in control. A good passage to reflect on is Phillipians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I love you and I am so proud of you.

Mrs. Moore said...

Thank You So So much I've been bloggin too it's a real stress reliever. Thanks again I love you, Tree Trunk

Scott and Lawna Greene said...

Hey brother,
I'm so glad Scott told me about this...I have started my own weight loss journey...again...and was so discouraged the last couple of weeks because it wasn't working the right way. The scale was going up...not down. It's headed in the right direction again and your blog really encouraged me. Good for you on your success. Tell everyone hello and we love them and we love you too.

Lawna