Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Taking a Break from Sparring

First, to my blog brothers and sisters and all whom I spar with on Tuesday's, today I have decided to take a break from sparring and write about something less controversial. My reason has nothing to do with being beat down by all of my fellow bloggers and friends for last weeks rather provocative post :-). So to all of my stable mates and spectators, expect me to come out swinging and swinging hard next week.

This week, I want to write about the love of my life, who also happens to be the Mother of my children and more recently a cherished and valuable friend. Blog community and friends, I am talking about none other then the preachers wife, my boo... Lori Fitts! I am so thankful to God for my beautiful wife.

Over the past couple of months, my wife and I have become very close. I attribute this to us both surrendering our will and desires to the will of God. I wish we would have done this a lot earlier but I thank God for the now. Since I have surrendered my desires to His will, the Lord has shown me so much about the value that Lori brings to the table. Before, it was all about me and what I was going through but now I see that she has been in the fight all along.

As Pastors wife, she often has to deal with a part of me that no one else has to deal with. The frustrated, discouraged and sometimes burned out step away from pastoring for just a moment DeAntwan Fitts. She has done it and I appreciate her more today then ever before. Lori if you are reading this I want you to know, you mean the world to me.

Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the Church. Protect and provide for her at the cost of your life.

Pastors, cherish your wife as a valuable prize possession set apart for you and only you. Give her the assurance that even though she has to share you with so many others, there is a part of you that belongs to her and her only.

To the Church, I like HB Charles formula; you take care of your Pastors wife, she take care of the Pastor and the Pastor take care of you.

To all of the Pastors wives who read this post, God bless you for what you do for the body of Christ. You are indeed the underrated heroe amogst the community of God's people.

10 comments:

Abiding in Grace said...

Pastor Fitts, that's a good word brother. O' that more of us pastors would put as much energy into loving our wives as we do in pursuing our ministries. Keep up the good work; loving Lori that is.

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Fitts, outstanding post my friend. That's something that needs to be said for each and every one of us who proclaim to have a calling on our lives. Cherish the partner that God has given us.

By the way, we are all looking forward to the next round of sparring my friend (LOL). Enjoy each other brother Pastor. Grace and Peace.

Lance

D.A. Thomas said...

Great post, Pastor. I'm definitely taking notes for my wife and I.

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Great post my friend. Truly our wives are deserving of all the honor we can muster and then some. Continue to take care of the woman who makes ministry easier.

HALLELUJAH said...

Proverbs 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

Brother Wilson!!!

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

A Godly marriage is truly a gift from God!

Enough of the nice stuff! I'm ready for round 2 LOL!!!!

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Fitts. I have enjoyed this post and I admire both your transparency and apparant love and adulation that you possess for your wife. I will have to have my wife come and view this particular blog. You are a stellar writer in your own right. Please continue to allow the Lord to use you through your words.

Clinton Smith said...

Ding, Ding, Ding! And in this corner in red we have...LOL!!! Refreshing my brother. May God richly bless your marriage ministry. The effectiveness of our pastoring starts at home with our family. Keep loving your wife and family, God is watching.

Mrs. Moore said...

Amazing is what comes to mind because as your little sister who's been there through it all all you ever really wanna hear is that a person you love and admire so much is getting the love and appreciation he deserves you are a Great Pastor with a true gift, wonderful father, good role model to the kids where we grew up, and a blessing to your wife I love to hear that God has opened up doors to make your life and marriage better and have understanding I pray that you and Lori continue to make eachother feel complete... Love You

GoHeadGyrl said...

GERAT POST! Very uplifting.