Monday, May 9, 2011

Real Change Is Possible

Introduction: Is Lasting Change Possible?

• What is “Morphing”?

"A marked change in appearance, character, condition, or function."

What does Spiritual Metamorphosis look like in real life?

1. Spiritual Birth = Jesus becomes my Savior.

2. Spiritual Maturity = Jesus becomes my Lord.

3. Spiritual Reproduction = Jesus uses me to love others.

Three Reasons We Fail to Morph:

1. Spiritual IGNORANCE. Ephesians 4: 1

A misunderstanding of our identity in Christ

• The Problem= Lack of knowledge.

• The Solution= Learn how to handle my Bible.

2. Spiritual ISOLATION Ephesians 4: 2-3

• The Problem= Insecurities.

• The Solution= Join a small group.

3. Spiritual INCOMPREHENSIVENESS Ephesians 4: 4-6

• The Problem= The attitude of me my.

• The Solution= Get a High View of God.

No comments: